The Buchannan Food Experience

Experiencias culinarias: visitas a restaurantes, bares, antros e incluso tugurios, recetas caseras... todo aquello relacionado con el placer de comer. Culinary experiencies: visits to restaurants in Spain and abroad, to pubs, seedy bars...etc..Home made recipes and everything related to the pleasure of table.

My Photo
Name:

Soltero, muy heterosexual. Deporte... pasear. Los relojes de diseño.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Café y Té L'illa Diagonal

AVOID THIS PLACE. I'm serious, it's dangerous for your health.
Last week I had to go to a part of Barcelona that I hardly know, because I prefer to wander the Barri Gotic, it's older, nicer and more charming. I had no time to come back home and eat something, so I decided to go shopping to L'illa, a really fashionable mall, very close to the place I had to go later.
After I while I started to feel hungry and started looking for a place where I could have a quick but nice lunch. I had been told about a place where hamburgers were good, so I looked for it, with little success, so bad the instructions to find it had been given (Mr M.D. again). Well, it was late and time to make up my mind about the choice of the restaurant.
I had noticed there was one, I still didn't know the name, where there was a long queue of men and women who looked like being working in the area, waiting for the waiter. So crowded was the place, people were waiting for having a table! Then I found a place at the bar, where people could sit and eat quickly. I had a quick look of the menu, which looked fine and affordable. What a mistake had I done!
After having waited for 10 minutes more or less, the waiter approached and asked me for my choice. "Cous-cous salad with BACON and PRAWNS (notice the plural, please), roast-beef and a coke, please". I NEEDED that coke, and that's why I was really dissapointed when I saw a tiny little bottle close to my glass. The salad was fast served (not as the canneloni the man of my left wanted; 20 minutes later he left shouting he had to go back to work, on an empty stomach). The salad was made of a cup of cous-cous (not even mint on it), just one kind of lettuce (rucula, exactly the only one Jack hates), ONE prawn and, yes, there was bacon; but every single part of the bacon I found in my salad had a piece of those bones bacon sometimes has. The roast-beef was too cooked and the sauce was really poor. I didn't want to run the risk of an exotic dessert, so I asked for a yoghurt with some sugar. The yoghurt had not been in the fridge (and it was not one of those you can leave out of it), and as I didn't want to go ten times to the toilet while I was being interviewed, I didn't eat it.
Meanwhile two more people had been shouting at the waiter and then leaving or just left.
And I paid for that lovely lunch "only" 18 euros. Burger King would have been much better choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home