The Buchannan Food Experience

Experiencias culinarias: visitas a restaurantes, bares, antros e incluso tugurios, recetas caseras... todo aquello relacionado con el placer de comer. Culinary experiencies: visits to restaurants in Spain and abroad, to pubs, seedy bars...etc..Home made recipes and everything related to the pleasure of table.

My Photo
Name:

Soltero, muy heterosexual. Deporte... pasear. Los relojes de diseño.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

¡Una de champis!

Zaragoza is the place where I was born. I can't avoid it, and, why not, I like it; maybe that's because I don't live there, but I really like it. As Longanice says, Zaragoza is an ugly town with very marvellous places. Well, maybe not marvellous, but just beautiful. And not all of them are hidden places... Probably the main reason of my love to this town are my memories; more than twenty years of them are kept among the streets and bars of this town.

Something I miss in Barcelona and I could do in Zaragoza is having dinner just with tapas. Of course in Barcelona you can have some nice tapas, but the verb "tapear" was not made up here. However in Zaragoza, you can taste really good tapas at almost any disctrict of the town; even at the most seedy, greasy, stinking bar you might find the best croquette or vinegary anchovy you have ever dreamt of.

And, like in any other matter of life, fashion exists in tapas. The most fashionable area to eat tapas right now in Zaragoza are the streets behind the old "Puerta Cinegia", now retrieved as a shopping centre. There are many bars you could choose at "Libertad" Street, but in case you hesitate, just go to the crowded one (this is a veeeery old advice, I know; but it's an advice nobody gave me but I usually try to follow).

However, I still want to talk about two bars I went to the last time I had tapas in this area. But I will only recommend one of them.

The one I love is the one where you can eat mushrooms. They're hot, too hot sometimes, but great. I could eat like ten of those. You can also find them in Logroño.



The other one, much more "fachionable" (yes, faChionable), is "Manjares: delicias en miniatura". Menos diseño y más chicha, por favor. The wine was scarce (2-3 € the glass), the risotto with foie was correct, but the waiter destroyed it when he served it, and the Idon'tknowwhat with artichokes was not even correct. Go to the seedy bars and avoid the "new comers" when you search for tapas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home