The Buchannan Food Experience

Experiencias culinarias: visitas a restaurantes, bares, antros e incluso tugurios, recetas caseras... todo aquello relacionado con el placer de comer. Culinary experiencies: visits to restaurants in Spain and abroad, to pubs, seedy bars...etc..Home made recipes and everything related to the pleasure of table.

My Photo
Name:

Soltero, muy heterosexual. Deporte... pasear. Los relojes de diseño.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Léon de Bruxelles

At the beginning of my last trip to Paris with my mother I spent the first day there all alone. Hopefully, I speak French quite fluently and thanks to Jack and despite my awful bearings, I can move well in the French Capital.


The plane had been late, so I didn't feel like moving further away from the Hotel. Then I remembered a place where I had been with Mr. Longanice two years ago at Saint Germain. Nothing special, but Jack seemed very pleased at that time.


Léon's speciality are mussels and french fries. For an illiterate Spanish girls as I am, the first time I went to Britanny (seven years ago; I'm afraid I'm becoming old and I don't really notice it) eating mussels with fries was a nice exotic combination. Until then, I had only eaten mussels as an appetizer or in a paella. But in fact, it is quite a typical meal at the Atlantic coast of France and Belgium.

It's cheap (14 € p/p), the mussels are very fresh and plentiful (take into account I was in Paris, not in a restaurant at Guilvinec port), the fries were also fine, and I was as pleased as Mr. Longanice was two years ago. The meal also helped me to recall the lovely days we spent in Paris.

There are many Léon restaurants all over France and Belgium, but I have always gone to the one in Saint Germain, in a corner right in front of the rue Dauphine.

It is very important to drink a beer with the mussels, otherwise you'll miss one of the most typical meals in Belgium...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home