The Buchannan Food Experience

Experiencias culinarias: visitas a restaurantes, bares, antros e incluso tugurios, recetas caseras... todo aquello relacionado con el placer de comer. Culinary experiencies: visits to restaurants in Spain and abroad, to pubs, seedy bars...etc..Home made recipes and everything related to the pleasure of table.

My Photo
Name:

Soltero, muy heterosexual. Deporte... pasear. Los relojes de diseño.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Paris et ses tea rooms: La Durée...


I must admit I had never heard about this place before, and what my sister suggested us to go to "LA DURÉE", I found it was a nice idea, but didn't expect such an splendid place.
La Durée is a wonderful tea room which first opened in 1862 as a bakery. A lucky fire in the bakery during the refurbish carried out by Baron Haussman al over Paris, made it become a pastry shop, opening later one of the first tea rooms in Paris. Nowadays you may find one of these at the Champs Elysées, Rue Royale, at Galeries Printemps and at the Rue Bonaparte; there's also one in London, at Harrods. We went to the one at the Rue Royale, close to the Madeleine (the strangest church I've ever seen). The macaroons are the typical article of this tea room, and you'll may find them in different flavours; this one is tastes anis...

However, I must tell Ms de Winter La Durée has been chosen by Sofia Coppola exclusive pastry consultant for the film "Marie Antoinette", and at the pastry shop you can find different articles related to the film, as this cameo or different cakes, as the one shown.

I just adore any of them...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger elena said...

I know it!

Estoy verde de envidia, no me he visto en el espejo, pero creo que puedo jurar que es literal.

Besicos :)

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home